Over 60? Need support with your laptop, phone or tablet?
Our Tech Buddies project can help you to get online, get connected and get confident with technology. We can support you with:
- Choosing a tablet, phone or laptop and finding the best deals.
- Connecting with family and friends over Skype and social media.
- Opening and using email accounts.
- Online shopping and banking, while keeping your details safe
- Reading newspapers and publications online
- Accessing support and information, paying bills and much more…
Our Tech Buddies sessions run on Thursdays 12.30 – 2.30pm at Abbey Community Centre, are completely free, and are always well-attended. We also have additional sessions on the first Saturday of every month 10am – 12noon. All sessions are currently by appointment only, please see below on how to book your slot.
Friendly, trained volunteers will be on hand to help you use your tech to its full potential!
Read more about our group sessions here.
And what’s more, if you’re less able to get to the centre, you may be able to receive support in the comfort of your own home! The Tech Buddies volunteers who do home visits are friendly, trained, DBS checked and will come and visit at a time convenient to you. After an initial consultation with the Project Coordinator to discuss your needs, you’ll be matched with your very own volunteer. Click here to read about one of our Tech Buddies matches, Andrea and Jean.
To discuss any aspects of the Tech Buddies Project including booking your appointments, please contact Jordan Murray on: 07841 581 421 or email firstname.lastname@example.org