Over 60? Need support with your laptop, phone or tablet?
Our Tech Buddies project can help you to get online, get connected and get confident with technology. We can support you with:
- Choosing a tablet, phone or laptop and finding the best deals.
- Connecting with family and friends over Skype and social media.
- Opening and using email accounts.
- Online shopping and banking, while keeping your details safe
- Reading newspapers and publications online
- Accessing support and information, paying bills and much more…
Our Tech Buddies group sessions run on Saturdays from 10am – 12noon in the Main Hall at Abbey Community Centre, are completely free, and are always well-attended. Friendly, trained volunteers will be on hand to help you use your tech to its full potential! We also have additional IT drop-ins at the centre on Wednesdays 11am – 1pm and Fridays 1.30 – 3.30pm (men-only). Read more about our group sessions here.
And what’s more, if you’re less able to get to the centre, you can receive support in the comfort of your own home! Tech Buddies is run by friendly, trained volunteers who will come and visit at a time convenient to you. After an initial consultation with the Project Coordinator to discuss your needs, you’ll be matched with your very own volunteer. Click here to read about one of our Tech Buddies matches, Andrea and Jean.
To discuss any aspects of the Tech Buddies Project, please contact Gavin Harper on: 07505 933617
firstname.lastname@example.org or drop by the centre for a chat.
Interested in volunteering? Read more in our volunteering booklet.